双语美文:仰望日出的鹿

词汇语 人气:2.28W

I live in the mountains of West Virginia.

双语美文:仰望日出的鹿

我住在弗吉尼亚西部的山区


The curvy, winding roads

山路蜿蜒曲折


and the vast woodlands

山林广袤


often lead to near misses with the local deer.

车辆长长与山中冲出来的鹿擦肩而过


The other day

有一天


I was driving my son

我开车带着儿子


to work at the sheltered workshop

送他去工坊干活


when we saw a deer in the road

我们在公路上看到一只鹿


that hadn’t been so lucky.

已经没了生机


The driver in front of me

开在前面的车的司机


suddenly swerved

突然转向


to avoid hitting the corpse

避免撞到鹿的尸体


and I quickly followed him

我很快做出同样的操作


jerking the steering wheel

猛地一转方向盘


to get back in the right lane

想要回到右边的车道


before the next blind curve.

赶在下一个视野不佳的弯道出现之前


I could see that

我能看到


the way the dead deer was lying between two blind curves

死掉的鹿正躺在两个视野不佳的弯道中间


we had an accident waiting to happen.

我们很可能在那里遇到车祸


After dropping my son off

我把儿子送到目的地之后


I hurried back

我赶紧掉头开回来


and saw the deer was still in the road.

发现那头死鹿还呆在路上


There was a wide spot

我发现一处宽敞的空地


on the side of the road.

就在路边


I pulled over.

我停下车


I got out of my car

我下了车


and walked up to where the deer was.

步行走到死鹿躺着的地方


Looking both ways for cars

向两边看了一下是否有车辆来去


I ran over to the body.

接着就跑到鹿的尸体旁边


It was laying in a pool of blood and excrement.

它躺在血泊中间,血泊中还有许多污秽


I reached down

我躬身


and grabbed its broken hind leg.

抓住了它已经折断的后腿


I backed up quickly

我很快往后退


dragging it behind me

后面拖着那头鹿


to the side of the road.

来到了路边


I looked down at the majestic animal

我低头看着这体型庞大的动物


as I wiped off my hands in the wet snow by the guardrail .

在护栏边湿漉漉的积雪中擦干净手上的血迹


“So sorry my friend,”

“真对不起,伙伴”


I said to him.

我对那头鹿说


I sadly walked back to my car

我怀着悲伤走回自己的车


knowing that

知道


the crows, buzzards, and other scavengers

乌鸦,秃鹫,还有其他的食腐动物


would soon take care of the remains.

很快就会把它的遗骸处理干净


I was still thinking of that beautiful deer

我一直想着那只原本美丽的鹿


later in the day

那天晚些时候


when I turned on my computer.

我打开自己的电脑


As it came on

屏幕亮时


I smiled with surprise and delight.

我吃了一惊,欣喜微笑了


I had forgotten what

我已然忘了


my most recent screen saver was:

自己最近设置的屏图片


a picture of a deer

是一只鹿


in a field of wild flowers

它站在一丛野花中


staring at the sunrise.

抬头看着日出


I wondered if

我心想


that deer’s spirit

或许那头鹿


was in a heavenly meadow right now

此刻已经在某个仙境的草地上


perhaps romping

或许它正在嬉戏


and playing with some of my own furry friends

抑或正在与许多我的毛茸茸的朋友们玩耍


who had passed.

它们都已离我而去


I wondered too

我还在想


about the time I had left here.

自己在这个世间还有多少时间


Would it be days, months, or many years?

是几天,几个月,还是许多年?


I shook my head,

我摇摇头


laughed and decided that

笑着笃信道


it didn’t matter

这无关紧要


just as long as

只要


I lived the time

在余下的光阴里


I had left with love, kindness, and joy.

我都怀着爱意,善良和喜悦过下去


May you do the same.

希望你也是如此