Todd: Marika, do you like bread?
玛莉卡,你喜欢面包吗?Marika: Yes, I do.
是的,我喜欢。Todd: OK. What kind of bread do you eat?
你吃什么样的面包?
Marika: I try to eat whole grain bread or bagels or something that's dark.
我吃全麦面包,或者百吉饼,或者是全麦的其他食物。Todd: OK. What do you like to put on bread?
你喜欢用面包就着什么吃?Marika: My favorite thing to put on bread is tomatoes and I Also like honey.
我最喜欢面包就着西红柿吃,我也喜欢蜂蜜。Todd: OK. But not together?
但是这几样不能一起吃?Marika: Not together, no.
不能一起吃。Todd: Do you like mustard?
你喜欢芥末吗?Marika: No, I don't like mustard.
不,我不喜欢芥末。Todd: Oh, I love mustard. I eat mustard and bread just plain.
我喜欢芥末。我喜欢白面包抹上芥末吃。Marika: No, no. I know people that eat mustard sandwiches, and no!
不。我听说有人喜欢芥末三明治,天啊!Todd: OK. Can you make bread?
你会做面包吗?Marika: Yes, I can. Actually, I'm a baker.
是的,我会。事实上,我是个面包师。Todd: Really.
真的?Marika: Yeah!
真的!Todd: Wow!
哇!Marika: I'm a pastry chef.
我是一名西式糕点主厨。Todd: That's incredible.
真是难以置信。Marika: Although, bread is kind of a different branch. I do cakes and stuff like that. I can make bread. My grandmother makes bread all the time.
虽然面包是西式糕点中的一个分支。但我会做蛋糕面包一类的食物。我会做面包。我的祖母总是自己烤面包。注:译文属原创,未经允许,请勿转载。